Discover your future with BRIDGEGOOD as a growing User Experience Designer
Learn User Experience (UX) & User Interface (UI) Design in a 3-month program with real-world industry experience.
- Since 2009, BRIDGEGOOD has been helping students design for social good.
- BRIDGEGOOD provides equitable tech access, design opportunities, and professional resources to job seekers.
- BRIDGEGOOD sources design mentors from companies including Google, Adobe, Twitter, and Salesforce.
- BRIDGEGOOD programs are tuition-free — participants pay nothing and may be eligible for stipends.
- BRIDGEGOOD works with accredited schools to provide students with course credit for the work completed as a UX Design Apprentice (Curricular Practical Training).
- BRIDGEGOOD UX Design Apprenticeship graduates have successfully secured paid work at companies including Etsy, YouTube, Beyond, and Twilio.
About UX Design Apprenticeship (UXDA)
- Exclusive 3-month real-world experience
- Direct access to tech & design mentorship
- Portfolio building activities and case study projects
- Equitable access and opportunity for nontraditional students
- Industry User Experience learning & hands-on training
- Twenty (20) scholarships awarded each year (Apprenticeship experience at no cost to student)
- 18+ years of age interested in a design and/or tech career
- Resident / student living the in the U.S. (Northern California Resident / Student enrolled in a Community / State college or recent graduate of less than a year receive priority)
- Registered BRIDGEGOOD.com Member
- Upload at least four (4) projects to BRIDGEGOOD.com Portfolio (more than 4 projects highly encouraged)
- Attend at least one (1) VIP Event through BRIDGEGOOD.com/vip (Applicants that participate in the Inspire Oakland Design Challenge receive priority)
- Applicant must be able to attend an online video panel interview (may take up to two hours)
- Applicant must be able to commit time and attention during program dates of June 7 through August 31
- Eager to contribute to a product that benefits the Bay Area design community
- Pursuing a degree in Design, or a related field or equivalent practical experience
- Proficient with at least one industry standard design tool (e.g., Photoshop, Sketch, etc.)
- Possess problem-solving skills and communication of conceptual ideas and design objectives
- Be open to constructive criticism while building positive working relationships
- Energized to help increase the representation of Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) in the design and technology field
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe XD
- Google Workspace (Documents, Sheets, Slides, etc.)
- Collaboration & Team Building Skills
- Communication & Presentation Skills
- Design for Social Good
- Design Sprints
- Design Thinking
- Designing for Accessibility, Diversity & Inclusion
- Fundamentals of User Interface (UI) Design
- Fundamentals of User Experience (UX) Design
- Fundamentals of Product Design
- Growth Mindset
- Resume & Portfolio Creation
Advance your creative career
Learn UX, UI, and Product Design while conceiving, designing, and shipping live features on our web application — supported by Google.org, the Golden State Warriors, and tech leaders.
May 10, 2022
April 4 - May 13, 2022
June 7, 2022
August 31, 2022
Most Asked Questions
Yes. Incorporated July 2009 as Oakland Digital Arts and Literacy Center Inc, BRIDGEGOOD is an award-winning 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, EIN 27-0720655. Donations made to BRIDGEGOOD are tax-deductible.
The UX Design Apprenticeship is designed for current students seeking creative tech careers. That being said, we welcome recent grads (within 1 year of graduation) and individuals that are continuing their education or changing careers (e.g., non-traditional students).
You are eager to contribute to a product that benefits the Bay Area design community. Ideally pursuing a degree in Design (e.g., graphic design), or a related field or equivalent practical experience during the current academic year. Proficient with at least one industry standard design tool (e.g., Photoshop). Possess problem-solving skills and ability to communicate conceptual ideas and design objectives. Be open to constructive criticism and team feedback while building positive working relationships.
As with any 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, BRIDGEGOOD relies on donations, volunteers, and community support. That being said, we also welcome program participants to pay it forward once they secure employment. BRIDGEGOOD graduates have contributed as program mentors, donors, and connectors to important resources.
If selected, program participants do not pay a fee. As a nonprofit organization, BRIDGEGOOD receives funding to provide the program and career building opportunities at no cost to students.
Comparable UX programs and bootcamps charge students $7,500 to $15,000. At BRIDGEGOOD, the UX Design Apprenticeship is a 3-month tuition free program that provides student participants with training, real-world experience, and direct access to tech mentors.
Expect inspiration. BRIDGEGOOD provides six (6) hours of training, collaboration, and/or design activities each day. Program sessions are instructed by working professionals and the BRIDGEGOOD team members (Product Lead, Senior Designer, and Ops Manager).
We encourage all BRIDGEGOOD Creatives to begin developing a growth mindset. As with any professional opportunity, learning is a continual and consistent process. Continuous learning opens your mind and builds healthy habits. The more you learn, the more you understand, and the more you inspire.
BRIDGEGOOD.org is dedicated to those searching for general information about our nonprofit. BRIDGEGOOD.com is aimed at supporting students looking for career resources (e.g., free online portfolio, design events).
Inspired? Get started with BRIDGEGOOD
Excited to #DesignForSocialGood with you!